I’ve made a crochet Christening or Blessing Gown for her to wear! Isn’t it cute? I think it turned out great!
A little about the dress: I made it using Red Heart Shimmer yarn in Snow. It took just under two skeins to finish it, and I still had enough left over for a pair of booties (pattern coming soon!).
The sparkling in the yarn is subtle, but it adds just the right amount of fanciness to the dress. Since the dress has a lot of open lacework, she will be wearing a slip underneath.
I love the pineapple stitch pattern! I’ve never done pineapple stitch patterns before, and I think it looks beautiful. I definitely recommend this pattern! It’s called Newborn Sophia Heirloom Dress and is available through Ravelry for $4.00 (USD).
I’m including a list of great patterns for free and for a small price, just in case you’re looking for a pattern to use for your new girl!
1. Newborn Sophia Heirloom Dress for $4.00 by Briana K Crochet
2. Pink Powderpuff Baby Dress Set for $4.00 by Susan Cassidy
3. Kaitlyn’s Baby Blessing Dress for $4.95 by Sunset Crochet and Quilt
4. Cute Dress with Flower Motifs for FREE by Ivey Alex
5. Heirloom Baby Set – Dress for FREE by Red Heart Design Team
6. Ribbon & Lace Infant Dress for $4.00 by Kate Wagstaff